Our Communities Future – Children and Reconnecting
by National Sports Convention | August 6, 2020 | News
|The Importance of Children being Active and Options from Play to Recreation
– Robyn Monro Miller, President, International Play Association
|The Importance of Young People Connecting via Community Recreation
– Melinda Crole, Chief Executive Officer, YMCA Australia
|The Importance of Physical Literacy to Australia
– Prof. John Cairney, Head of School, School of Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences, University of Queensland
|Activating a Physical Literacy Approach for Children in Australia
– Pierre Comis, Board Director, Bluearth Foundation
|Evaluating the Impact of NSW Government Active Kids Program: What have we learnt so far?
– Dr Lindsey Reece, Senior Research Fellow and Academic Director, SPRINTER Partnership, University of Sydney
|Active Streets Resolving the Problem for Inadequate Space to Play and Recreate for our Children
– Barb Champion, Executive Director, Play Australia
Panel members will include James Ceely (Sport Australia), Robin O’Neill (Gymnastics Victoria), Annie Flamsteed (iNSPIRE Sport Online) plus a young person (courtesy of YMCA Australia) to share their view on what children really want.
The impact of these discussions should encourage physical literacy, play, recreation and sport providers to collaborate with planners and policy members to create environments that can really connect with our children and provide them with opportunities.
Each NSC Forum has limited tickets to attend in person, with options available to participate virtually online if not able to attend personally.
With online e-delegate tickets from only $99 +GST, it is expected that demand will be high for delegates in each city to attend, and the first two weeks of registrations are demonstrating that.
If you believe that this NSC Forum is of interest to your colleagues, please pass onto them whom may be interested in attending.
Don’t forget to put the NSC Forums in your calendar.
~ The National Sports Convention Team